Before the huge trend of intricate nail art, what did we do with our nails? Was it just a decision between French and plain? I can’t even remember. The point is, nail art is becoming increasingly fun and accessible, due to simple, household tools like Scotch tape. You just stick it to your (dried) nails, add another color, and bam! You look like you just came from the salon. Sounds easy enough, doesn’t it? If you’re intrigued, check out these tutorials for easy nail designs and start digging up that tape.
1. Two toned manicure by A Bubbly Life. This stylish mani works best on chipped nail polish. Did we get your attention?
2. Summer stripes by Ink + Adventures. A pleasant combination of orange, hot pink and purple, perfect for transitioning to fall.
3. Glitter nails by The Thinking Closet. Add a little glitter to your nails to make gel manicure last longer.
4. Valentine French mani by Studio DIY. Spruce up a French mani by using different shades of pink on your nail tips – perfect for a special occasion!
5. Easy striped nail art by Hello Little Home. A nice combination of neutral and colored, this mani is the easy way to get into nail art.
6. DIY white triangle nails by A New Bloom. A minimalist approach is just what the trend-doctor ordered this season.
7. Art Deco nail art by Bread Butter Champagne. Nails that were inspired by The Great Gatsby? Count us in.
8. Team USA Spirit fingers by Love Meagan. For the 4th of July and beyond, try this patriotic mani, guiding your brush with a little scotch tape.
9. DIY nail by Cocktail Girl. Mix and match your favorite colors and shapes in this super easy DIY.
10. Zig zag nails by Biaranka. Get the gorgeous zig zag nail effect by cutting your tape with zig zag craft scissors!
11. Pattern nail art by One O. A fun mani for everyday wear, geometrical and pastel.
12. Zigzag mani by Pshiiit. An elegant combination between glitter and shiny nail polish, easily obtained with strips of tape.
13. Flesh toned metallic stripes by Love Maegan. A natural looking, but still super stylish mani which combines different metallic shades with a subtle flesh tone.