Let me introduce you to my new secret weapon: Coconut oil!
I know, I know, am I the last person to discover how amazing this stuff is?
Yes, you can (and should) bake with coconut oil, but I’ve started using it for my super dry skin and can’t say enough. It feels heavenly and the light coconut scent makes me feel like I’m at the beach.
Coconut oil for stretch marks and more beauty benefits:
- Rub coconut oil into your belly (or legs or whatever) to reduce and prevent stretch marks.
- Coconut oil works well as a massage oil
- It an effective moisturizer on all types of skins including dry skin
- It delays wrinkles and skin sagging
- It can help treat skin problems like psoriasis, dermatitis and eczema
- Coconut oil also helps prevent premature aging and degenerative diseases due to its antioxidant properties
1. Slather all over right after your shower – it’s best absorbed if skin is still slightly wet. I keep the jar on the bathroom counter so the heat from the shower helps soften and melt the oil.
2. Massage into the skin to help prevent and diminish stretch marks.
3. Ditch the high-dollar face cream and use coconut oil as your daily moisturizer. My skin has never looked – or felt – better.
4. For dry, damaged hair, massage the oil into your scalp.
5. Use it to soften hands and feet. Massage into cuticles and on those rough feet. I’m trying to convince the hubby that foot massages are pregnancy essentials. :)
Have you tried coconut oil in your beauty routine? How do you use it?