Cellulite can affect women of all shapes and sizes. Thanks to genetics, poor diet, dehydration, lack of exercise, hormones, reduced circulation and thickness of skin and body fat, we often can end up with the unattractive dimpling and bulges of cellulite. This cellulite-busting body scrub and seaweed body wrap are the perfect combination for battling cellulite just like the spas do, but in the privacy and comfort of home.
Cellulite Coffee Scrub
While drinking coffee can deplete our tissues of fluid, applying coffee topically actually helps fight cellulite. The caffeine in coffee can temporarily tighten and tone tissue, and also help eliminate toxin build up, one of the causes of cellulite.
- ½ cup ground coffee
- ¼ cup Epsom salt
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Combine all of the dry ingredients first and then fold in the olive oil.
- Store in a covered jar in the shower.
- A few times a week scrub in small circular motions on the areas you have cellulite.
- Apply a cellulite-fighting oil after your shower.
Cellulite Seaweed Body Wrap
Body wraps are a wonderful way to cleanse the body by removing toxins and excess fluids. Seaweed is believed to increase blood circulation and lymph flow, in addition to delivering vital minerals and vitamins and improving skin texture. All of these health and beauty benefits make seaweed a go-to ingredient in cellulite reduction treatments.
- 1 cup seaweed powder (like here)
- 3 drops citrus essential oil (choose from lemon, lime, orange, or grapefruit)
- 3 tablespoons carrier oil- organic virgin olive oil or fractionated coconut oil
- plastic wrap
- warm water
- blanket or large towel
- In a bowl, mix the powder, oil and essential oil together and slowly add the warm water until the consistency is thick and mud-like (not too watery).
- For application, I think standing in the bathtub or shower is easiest for cleanup. Apply to the thighs, butt and anywhere that cellulite might be a problem.
- Take the plastic wrap go around each thigh a few times, keep it taut but not too tight, and then around the butt/hip area as well.
- You want to encourage sweating, so lie down and wrap yourself up with a blanket or towel to stay warm.
- Rest for 20 minutes and then unwrap and shower the ingredients off with warm water.
Photos by Ana Stanciu