Smoothie bowls aren’t just a great way to sit down and enjoy your smoothie with a spoon—they’re often more substantial than traditional smoothies, with plenty of healthy fats and extra toppings. This one has a fresh chocolate-mint taste thanks to raw cacao (sub in unsweetened cocoa powder if you can’t find raw) and peppermint extract.
Avocado and kale supply plenty of fiber and antioxidants, and shredded coconut adds a nice texture. Top with more cacao powder and chunks of avocado if you like. Learn all about how to make a smoothie bowl at Oh My Veggies, and make sure to try our Blackberry-Coconut Smoothie Bowl recipe as well!
Chocolate-Mint Green Smoothie Bowl
Yield 1 -2 servings
A healthy green-smoothie breakfast with a chocolate-mint flavor.
- 1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk or water
- 4 kale leaves
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 mint leaves (optional)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut (garnish)
- Mix all ingredients except garnish in blender. Pour into bowl, garnish and enjoy!