We’re big fans of pudding for breakfast here at Hello Glow. These sweet, slightly spicy apple-cinnamon version of chia seed pudding is no exception. It’s the perfect vegan breakfast for cold mornings, or eat it as a healthy dessert. Use your favorite non-dairy milk—coconut, cashew, almond, soy, whatever you like—and feel free to switch up the fruit and spice. For example, try fresh peaches and cardamom, or plums and nutmeg.
Move over, oatmeal—we bet this will be your new go-to healthy breakfast!
Photos by Ana Stanciu
Healthy Apple-Cinnamon Chia Seed Pudding
Yield 1 -2
A healthy breakfast pudding perfect for cold winter mornings.
- 2 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 apple, cored and chopped
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- For warm chia seed pudding, place milk and vanilla extract into a saucepan, and warm over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes. The milk does not have to be boiling hot, just warm enough for your taste. Add chia seeds to a cereal bowl.
- When the milk is warm, add the milk to bowl of chia seeds.
- Stir continuously for about 2 minutes while the chia seeds absorb the milk. Allow the mixture to sit for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Top with coconut flakes, apple slices, and cinnamon.
- Note: If you do NOT want warm chia seed pudding, simply add the milk to bowl of chia seeds. Stir until the chia seeds have absorbed the milk (about 3 to 5 minutes). Then top with coconut flakes, apples, and cinnamon.