Hold on tight because this pudding is about to blow your mind! It’s thick and rich, full of deep, dark chocolate flavor – and it’s good for you! Like, you can eat this every day and not feel the least bit guilty about it. Vegan avocado chocolate mousse has gained popularity over the last few years. If you haven’t tried it, now is the time, my friend!
Avocados are one of the healthiest foods you can add to your diet and may help lower bad cholesterol. They are high in fiber as well as Vitamin C and E, several B Vitamins, and potassium. (Can your chocolate cake do that?) Silk Almondmilk is made from quality non-GMO almonds that are toasted and ground and turned into a delicious, low-calorie dairy alternative. Cocoa powder is naturally rich in antioxidants and flavanols which have been shown to have positive effects on cardiovascular health (source).
All you need is a blender, a few avocados, a splash of Silk almond milk, a touch of maple syrup and vanilla. The raspberries on top are optional, but they taste great with the pudding.
Healthy Dark Chocolate Avocado Mousse
Yield 2 -4
- 1 large or 2 small ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Silk Almondmilk
- 1-2 teaspoons pure maple syrup, to taste
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- Raspberries, for garnish
- Place avocados, cocoa powder, Silk Almondmilk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract in the jar of a blender.
- Puree until smooth, stopping when needed to scrape down the sides. The mixture will be very thick and mousse-like. Add a little more Almondmilk, if needed.
- Spoon the pudding into dessert cups and top with fresh raspberries, if desired.
Get more yummy, healthy recipes by signing up for the Silk newsletter.
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.