Homemade grenadine is a simple and all natural cocktail mixer that’s great to have on hand when entertaining. The bright red color will make show-stopping cocktails for all of your fall parties, especially Halloween!
When it comes to making stellar cocktails at home the key is to have high quality ingredients. From the liquor to the mixers, the better quality you have, the better the cocktail. One of my favorite mixers to make at home is homemade grenadine. It is a simple two-ingredient process, one made even better with the use of Monk Fruit In The Raw®.
The entire recipe is just two ingredients: 100% pomegranate juice and Monk Fruit In The Raw. The two are simple heated together in a small sauce pan until the Monk Fruit In The Raw is dissolved and the mixture has reduced by 1/3 and is syrupy in consistency.
Monk Fruit In The Raw is a blend of the naturally sweet monk fruit and other natural ingredients. It has zero calories and is great for baking and sweetening drinks. You can find Monk Fruit In The Raw in baker bags as well as small packets that are great for using in coffee or individual drinks. For the homemade grenadine, I used my bakers bag, but you can easily use several packets to make up the amount, if desired.
Once you have the homemade grenadine in your fridge, you can make a variety of fun and festive cocktails. The blood red color of the grenadine adds an eerie feel to a Halloween cocktail, as well as a burst of great flavor. My favorite cocktail to make using Homemade Grenadine is a simple vodka-based cocktail I call the Pomegranate Vodka Fizz.
Pomegranate Vodka Fizz
The cocktail is a blend of vodka, homemade grenadine, lime juice, and orange sparkling water. The drink is refreshing and beautiful, especially when topped off with fresh lime slices and pomegranate seeds.
- 8 ounces 100% pomegranate juice
- ⅓ cup Monk Fruit In The Raw® Bakers Bag
- 2 ounces vodka
- ¾ ounce homemade grenadine
- ½ ounce fresh lime juice
- 1-2 ounces orange sparkling water
- lime slices and pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Place pomegranate juice and Monk Fruit In The Raw in a small sauce pan. Set sauce pan over medium heat and stir until Monk Fruit In The Raw is dissolved. All mixture to simmer for about 5 minutes or until reduced by ⅓ and syrupy in consistency. Allow grenadine to cool. Place in a jar and refrigerate.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add vodka, homemade grenadine, and lime juice. Place on lid and shake until shilled. Pour over an ice filled highball glass. Top with orange sparkling water and garnish with lime slices and pomegranate seeds.
To learn more about Monk Fruit In The Raw and and where to find it, you can find them on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, and on their Website. On their website, you will find more information as well as coupons for In The Raw products including Monk Fruit In The Raw.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of In The Raw via RhythmOne. The opinions and text are all mine.