If breakfast is the most important meal of the day, lunch is definitely the most difficult. Who the heck has the time to even eat lunch, let alone have the brain space to plan a healthy one? We have just the solution: the new Hello Glow ebook, A Month of Healthy, Meatless Lunches. It’s full of 20 recipes (4 work-weeks’ worth) using fresh, detox-friendly ingredients like kale, quinoa, lentils, sweet potatoes, chia seeds and parsley.
Every recipe (think Cheesy Kale Potato Skins, Sweet Potato Burgers with Avocado and Greens, and Turmeric Hummus and Goat Cheese Tacos) is easy, quick and—most importantly—delicious and filling. Most can be made the night before, so all you need to do is some quick assembly right before lunchtime. All are vegetarian and many are vegan, although the recipes are adaptable enough that chicken, fish or other meats can be added.
Best of all, the meal planning is already done for you. Each week’s recipes come with a shopping list, so you can hit the grocery store with tablet or phone in tow, stock up, cook and enjoy.
The ebook is a PDF, so you can download it to your computer and print pages as needed, or read it on your tablet or phone. You don’t need a Kindle or other e-reader to view it! Enjoy this sample recipe, and click here to purchase A Month of Healthy, Meatless Lunches for $4.99.
sample recipe: spring cauliflower couscous with green beans and goat cheese
If you are on a gluten-free diet or if you simply want a vegan recipe with a few less carbs, this cauliflower couscous—which mimics the texture of couscous—is a brilliant idea. Goat cheese adds tang and creaminess, while fresh green beans simply taste like spring. Set aside leftovers before garnishing, and you’ll have dinner or the next day’s lunch as well.
Spring Cauliflower Couscous with Green Beans, Greens and Goat Cheese
Yield 2 servings
If you are on a gluten-free diet or if you simply want a vegan recipe with a few less carbs, this cauliflower couscous—which mimics the texture of couscous— is a brilliant idea.
- 1 small cauliflower head
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 lime, juice only
- ½ tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup green beans (fresh and quickly steamed, or canned and drained)
- 1 handful arugula
- To garnish: mixed seeds (sesame, chia or pumpkin), goat cheese
- Bring water to boil in a large saucepan
- Remove the cauliflower leaves and stem, and cut in florets
- Rinse, drain well and place in the food processor
- Pulse to obtain kernels the size of couscous, then transfer into the saucepan and simmer for 5 min.
- Remove cauliflower from water and drain well
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet
- Add the garlic clove and fry for 1 minute, then add the cauliflower couscous and toast for 5 min., tossing frequently
- Add the coconut milk and lime juice, cook for 1 to 2 minutes and transfer mixture into a large bowl
- Add in the green beans, season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine
- Serve garnished with arugula, goat cheese and mixed seeds
Courses Entree, Lunch
Get all 20 recipes right here and say sayonara to vending machine meals!