This week, for me, was about celebrating the last of summer before the hustle and bustle of back to school takes over. I’m not ready to see it go! So we made coconut cooling lotion, a pina colada smoothie and this paradise mango scrub to squeeze in one last trip to the beach (even if you’re at home) before fall arrives.
And one of my favorite escapes on crazy days? The shower! Whip up this easy, yummy scrub and make a tropical oasis in your bathroom (locking the door is recommended otherwise if you frequently have shower visitors like I do).
Paradise mango body scrub
This tasty scrub combines exfoliation of raw sugar with the moisturizing benefits of coconut oil. If you’re making this scrub in the middle of summer your coconut oil is probably mushy or even liquid so it will be easy to stir.
Chop up a 1/4 cup of raw mango and add 3-4 drops of orange essential oil. Mangoes are a rich source of Vitamin A, which helps slough off dead skin, and helps new, fresh cells beneath the skin appear.
Then mash everything together. Add more sugar or oil until you get a thick, goopy consistency that’s not too runny. Hop in the shower and use your hands to apply. Scrubbing in a circular motion, start at your feet and work your way up.
How are you celebrating the end of summer?
- ½ cup raw sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ cup chopped raw mango
- 3-4 drops of orange essential oil (optional)
- Combine sugar with coconut oil (heat in the microwave if it's solid).
- Add a ¼ cup chopped raw mango and a 3-4 drops of orange essential oil.
- Then mash everything together.
- Add more sugar or oil until you get a thick, goopy consistency that's not too runny.
- Hop in the shower and use your hands to apply.
- Scrubbing in a circular motion, start at your feet and work your way up.
Photos by Stephanie Pollard