Between the demands of our careers, our personal relationships, and our side projects (and our side project’s side projects), it’s no surprise that most of us are feeling pressed for time. The first casualty of our modern, hectic life is dinner; we start off with great intentions, but inevitably end up ordering in or going out more often than we’d care to admit.
Frustrated with this pattern of working late and eating out, I’ve started to devote my Sunday nights to big-batch cooking. Every Sunday night, I cook big pots of grains for the week, roast sheet trays full of veggies, and slice up everything in my crisper drawer. With everything cooked and prepped beforehand, throwing together a healthy and nourishing grain bowl for lunch or dinner during the week is a cinch: just combine a big scoop of grains with veggies, a protein, and an interesting sauce to tie it together and you’re done.
Tofu Poke Bowl With Sesame Glazed Carrots
Recently, these tofu poke bowls have been in heavy rotation at our house. I love how fresh and bright the flavors are, but it’s truly the sesame glazed carrots that really push it over the top. While the combination of brown sugar and toasted sesame make for an addictive salty-sweet profile, the coagulated syrup stuck to my embarrassingly old sheet pan takes forever to scrape off. And, since saving time is the goal…all of this cleaning seems to defeat the purpose.
Recently, however, I tried the recipe using Circulon®’s Nonstick Cookie Pan, and all I can say is game changer. Thanks to the unique raised circle design of the pan, its surface is exceptionally resistant to sticking – my clean up took under 30 seconds with a little warm water and soap! No scrubbing = more time, something we can all use!
This is the time of year I’m buying gifts off of baby and wedding registries, and I like to buy things that I know will last a lifetime, like Circulon’s cookware and bakeware. And if you create and complete a registry at Macy’s or Kohl’s you’ll get a $100 Sweetheart Pan Set!
Circulon “Starter Pack” Giveaway ($150 value!)
One lucky winner will receive the following items from Circulon ($150 retail value!):
– 4.5 Qt. Chef Pan: $39.99 retail value
– 11″ French Skillet: $39.99 retail value
– 3.5 Qt. Covered Straining Saucepan: $59.99 retail value
– 10″x15″ Cookie Pan: $9.99 retail ralue
To enter, leave a comment on why you need a cookware + bakeware makeover!
Congrats to our winner Cheryl B!
Giveaway ends 11:59 PM June 2, 2016. Giveaway open to US residents 18 and older.
- 1 Cup Cooked Black Rice
- 1 Cup Firm Tofu, Cubed
- 1 Cup Sesame Glazed Carrots (see recipe)
- 1 Cup Cucumber, Cubed
- ½ Avocado, Sliced
- 3 Small Breakfast Radishes, sliced thin
- 1 Black Radish, sliced thin
- 1 tsp. Black Sesame Seeds
- 1 Scallion, Sliced Thin
- Citrus Soy Sauce (see recipe)
- Scoop a half cup of rice into each bowl. Top with desired ingredients and serve.
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. mirin
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- Whisk ingredients together in a small bowl and serve.
- Sesame Glazed Carrots
- 2 cups of Raw Carrots, sliced
- 2 Tsp. Toasted Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Black Sesame Seeds
- .5 tsp. Salt
- Combine ingredients in bowl, tossing to coat carrots.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes until tender.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Circulon. The opinions and text are all mine.