Whether you are going full bore or are simply looking for a little something to help you feel refreshed, detox teas are a perfect accompaniment to larger detoxes or on their own. Here are some of the best detox teas, both homemade and store-bought, for all your wellness needs.
1. My New Roots’ Ultimate Detox Tea combines a number of detoxifying herbs you can gather from your local co-op or health foods store, including dandelion leaf, lemon balm, plantain and more, that aid in the health of the liver and gastrointestinal tract.
2. Looking for something a bit simpler (and with a boost of caffeine)? This Homemade Detox Tea from Food 52 only has four ingredients—green and mate tea, mint and lemongrass.
3. Ginger has many properties that make it an ideal detox tea ingredient, including aiding the digestive tract, acting as an anti-inflammatory and contributing to healthy skin. Check out Living Pretty, Naturally’s Detox Ginger Tea recipe for a great way to incorporate this wonder root into your detox routine.
4. When it comes to commercially available teas, we can’t argue with Pressed Juicery’s favorite five on The Chalkboard, including Yogi Tea’s delicious Skin Detox. Check out the full list here.
5. Not feeling like sipping on a hot beverage? For a chilled option, Hello Glow’s Detox Green Tea and Ginger ice cubes can be added to water to get all the two ingredients’ great detoxifying benefits.
6. Turmeric aids the liver in detoxification and, like ginger, is known for its anti-inflammatory properties. Primally Inspired’s Turmeric Tea recipe doesn’t just help your body detoxify—it also boosts immunity and helps sooth cold and cough symptoms (a must for the upcoming cold and flu season).
7. Dandelions, the bane of many a homeowner’s existence, can act as a base for a sweet and satisfying detox tea, as found with It’s a Love/Love Thing’s “Butterscotch” Tea recipe. As a bonus, this tea can act as a substitute for sugary, milky coffee drinks, while aiding your liver, kidneys and gallbladder.
8. AO at Home’s Best Detox Tea Remedies include favorites like ginger and lemon, while also showing how peppermint and stinging nettle teas can aid in the detoxification of the digestive system, skin, liver and more.
9. Nourished for Free’s Herbal Detox Tea recipe includes some of our favorite detox standbys including dandelion and milk thistle, while adding rosehip, orange peel and hibiscus, for a liver-healthy, Vitamin C-rich blend.
10. Whether you prefer the term “spa water” or “iced tea,” Paleo Grub’s Lemon, Ginger and Basil Iced Tea is one more detox tea alternative that combines the detoxifying properties of ginger and lemon with the freshness of basil for an energizing, refreshing beverage.
11. Linda Wagner’s Lemon-Ginger Detox Tea is packed with antioxidants, is anti-inflammatory and helps clear out the lymph system. It can also help with heartburn, migraines and cramps, among many other ailments.5