If you’re one of those people who is constantly trying to be better and live a healthier life, here are 11 healthy habits that I find to be a great reminder for our day-to-day lives. They are easy to follow and I can guarantee they will make you a happier and healthier person, so keep this handy and make sure you’re implementing them!
0. I’ve noticed that the cleaner you eat the cleaner you want to keep doing it and the more sensitive you become to processed foods and additives. For example, you seriously can’t compare the taste of a freshly homemade pizza sauce to a store bought one, right? Here are some cookbooks to help get you started.
1. I’m sure you all know about the benefits of exercising regularly, right? And just as you train your body for a healthier self, you have to feed your mind too, so more books and less TV!
2. If you don’t like drinking plain water, try adding some flavor to it with natural ingredients like fruits, veggies and herbs. If you need some ideas, try these water detox ingredients, these fruit infused water recipes, or these tasty flavor combinations ;)
3. Green tea is loaded with antioxidants, and green juices are a great way to get your daily dose of veggies and fruits, plus, they are a healthy snack and I promise you, they taste delicious! Try this green juice (my favorite recipe), this foolproof green smoothie, and these 25 ideas to up your green tea intake.
4. It’s really important to take both mental and stretch breaks throughout the day, so whenever I feel like I’m stuck, I step off the computer to try to clear my mind. Stretching helps relieve tension and decreases the negative impact of being slightly immobile.
5. Never forget to be grateful, it really gives you perspective of what really matters and I personally believe you live a happier life when you’re grateful.
6. Taking a few minutes to relax and clear your mind can help you de-stress and regain focus.
7. They say that laughter is the best medicine right? ;)
8. It’s been proven that not getting enough sleep can really sabotage your day and health, so try to aim for 8 hours of sleep.
9. I’ve read that taking between 9 and 10 thousand steps a day is good for you, but I really put this as a way to explain that you have to keep moving. Take the stairs instead of the escalators, walk when possible, and just stay active.
10. “Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise” – Benjamin Franklin19