You’ve heard it a thousand times before: green tea is good for you! You should drink it every day – it helps you lose weight, it keeps you hydrated and it even fights cancer. But if you’re not so much into drinking the stuff, there are other ways to benefit from its properties. Green tea is good for your skin from inside and out, having antioxidant, antibacterial and anti-aging properties. It soothes skin inflammation, reduces acne and, apparently, it prevents hair loss! Read on to find 13 of our favorite homemade green tea beauty recipes.
1. Cucumber + green tea body spray by Hello Glow. Green tea is great for repairing sun-damaged skin and this body spray is a blessing on hot days!
2. Eye gel patches by Ice Pandora. These professional looking eye gel patches reduce puffiness and dark circles, while also illuminating the area.
3. Green tea body scrub by Babbling Beauty. This moisturizing scrub is made with both green tea and matcha green tea powder and it’s said to work miracles on dry skin!
4. Lemon and green tea face mask by Pretty Plain Janes. Get rid of tired-looking skin with this rejuvenating face mask that’s made with green tea, lemon juice and turmeric.
5. Face mist by The Chic Site. This refreshing face mist is made with jasmine green tea and lemon essential oil – it smells nice and it doesn’t ruin your makeup.
6. Mint and green tea body scrub by Go Make Me. A scrub that smells refreshing and gives your skin a healthy glow.
7. Chia seed green tea facial by Hello Glow. Chia seed is loaded with omega-3 fats that hydrate the skin, and paired with green tea it makes a great facial!
8. Orange green tea bath salt recipe by The Wonder Forest. Turn your bath into a healthy experience with green tea and fresh orange. It’s antioxidant and moisturizing!
9. Green tea hair rinse by Wild Turmeric. Prevent hair fall and dandruff with this rinse made from green tea, fresh lemon and lemon essential oil.
10. Lavender green tea foot soak by Thirsty for Tea. Benefit from the antibacterial properties of green tea to relax your feet after a hard day.
11. Whipped green tea + coconut oil moisturizer by Hello Glow. A fun and light moisturizer, which hydrates without clogging the pores and can even reverse sun damage.
12. Rejuvenating green tea matcha mask by Delighted Momma. Matcha powder stimulates dead skin cells and it improves dull skin, so include it in your facial treatment!
13. Homemade toner recipe by Blah Blah Magazine. Toning your skin is an important step in any beauty regimen. This natural recipe includes apple cider vinegar, green tea and nicely scented essential oils.7