Photos by Ana Stanciu
Everyone loves fruit when it’s warm out, but there’s something about eating it from a little dish that makes it even more special. A refreshing sorbet—basically, blended fruit—is the perfect way to use up leftover berries from your CSA, garden or farmers market (although you can use pre-frozen berries as well). Berries are brimming with antioxidants and other anti-aging properties, so take advantage of them being in season right now!
Fresh herbs add a sophisticated touch to this summery vegan dessert, and coconut water cuts the sweetness of the berries a bit. You can also use fresh apple juice if you like your sorbet a little sweeter. If you won’t use it all, put the leftovers back in the freezer; just thaw a couple minutes before serving again. You can sub in whatever berries and herbs you have on hand (raspberries, basil, blueberries, cilantro, etc.) and add in a little lemon or lime juice if you like a tart taste.
Strawberry Sorbet with Mint
Yield 4 servings
Fresh strawberries pair perfectly with mint.
- 3 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 cup organic apple juice OR coconut water
- 4 to 5 mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- In a high speed blender, add all the ingredients. Blend until well incorporated and garnish with additional mint leaves.
Courses Raw, Dessert
Blackberry Sorbet with Sage
Yield 4 servings
This fresh and fruity sorbet is the perfect dessert for a patio party.
- 3 cups frozen blackberries
- 1 cup apple juice or coconut water
- 4 to 5 sage leaves, plus more for garnish.
- In a high speed blender, add all the ingredients. Blend until well incorporated. Garnish with additional sage leaves.