I don’t think there has been a time when statement necklaces were so huge. Yes, these necklaces are big, but I mean huge as in trendy! In the past few years, we’ve seen gemstones, wood, rope, clay and even raffia making their way around our necks. And there’s no better time to rock a statement piece than on New Year’s! Here are 25 DIY statement necklaces to fill your post-Christmas lull.
1. J. Crew Flower Lattice Necklace : Perfect for repurposing old brooches – and saving tons of money on the J. Crew version! (by Bromeliad)
7. Wood Bead Necklace: Wood beads and brass fittings make a simple stylish pairing.
11. Vertical Statement Necklace : Unlike other statement necklaces, this one showcases its rocks vertically.
12. Gem Necklace : Nothing says “statement necklace” like oversized gemstones. (by Swellmayde)
13. Stormy Seas Necklace : A necklace inspired by our favorite shop Anthropologie. (by Quiet Lion)
15. Crystal Necklace : With rough-cut crystals this beauty is inspired by ManiaMania. And it’s affordable! (by Stripes & Sequins)
17. Raffia Necklace : Pretty in pink raffia looks super chic with rhinestones. (by Thanks, I Made It)
19. Malachite Rope Necklace : Simple materials – green beads and rope – come together to make a stunning necklace. (by For the Makers)
23. Leather Flowers Necklace : Learn how to make these lovely leather flowers and turn them into a necklace. (by Plan B)24