‘Tis the season for traveling! I have day trips and vacations on the brain, and I’m always looking for ways to ease the not-so-fun parts of traveling, like getting through airports or surviving long car rides with the kids. What better way to prepare than a crafty DIY?
25 Projects Before Your Next Trip
Not only will it create excitement for the trip, but these 25 DIY travel projects are all stylish and functional. Perfect for making getting there half the fun. What fun locations are you visiting this summer?
1. DIY Zipper Pouch from Hello Glow
Make sure your makeup and toiletries stay in one place and look good in an easy to sew zipper pouch made from pretty fabric.
2. Cheeky Shoe Bags from Fabric Paper Glue
Make sure you’re not getting any sand on your packed clothes by slipping your shoes in these cute and cheeky DIY bags.
3. DIY Travel Nail Kit from The Lovely Drawer
Tend to your nails even when you’re traveling. This fabric and leather kit is oh so stylish and at your fingertips.
4. Fruit Slice Vitamin Cases from Club Crafted
Take your vitamins, supplements or medicine with you wherever you go, but make them fun with these fruity repurposed cases.
5. Personalized Luggage Tags from Maritza Lisa
Floral and gorgeous, this monogrammed luggage tag looks unique, and makes a great gift, too.
6. Backpack Pattern from Sustain My Craft Habit
Yes, making your own backpack sounds like a lot of work, but getting your wear it is so worth the trouble!
7. Leather Jewelry Roll from The Merrythought
Keep your accessories organized on the go with a beautiful, space-saving rolled leather pouch.
8. Velvet Sleep Mask from The Home Steady
Long plane rides go much faster when you’re able to close your eyes and rest. Preferably, with no bright lights to bother you.
9. Easy Painted Luggage from Delineate Your Dwelling
Use paint and stencils to update an old suitcase into a modern piece you’ll want to take around the world.
10. Travel Kit With Printables from Almost Makes Perfect
Label your travel-sized toiletries and your laundry bag with these minimalist printables.
11. DIY Beach Tent from One CrafDIY Girl
Keep the sun and wind away with an easy to make, light and portable beach tent.
12. Macrame Camera Strap from Lovely Indeed
This macrame camera strap is so pretty, you’ll end up taking your camera with your everywhere!
13. Travel Wallet from Francoise et Moi
Lightweight and flexible, this felt wallet is great for keeping your valuables safe when you travel abroad.
14. Essential Oil Diffuser Bracelet from Hello Glow
Take your favorite essential oil blends with you on the go, whether it’s to repel bugs, refresh the air in your hotel room, or relax on the plane.
15. Hidden Pocket Scarf from Mom Advice
You should always pack a scarf when traveling – you never know! This one is no-sew, and equipped with a cool secret pocket that holds your phone or other valuables.
16. DIY Solid Perfume from Hello Glow
Taking perfume with you on a plane might prove difficult. And if you don’t feel like shopping in the airport, you might want to bring solid perfume instead!
17. Tic Tac Toe from Say Yes
Make the miles fly by with this fun and easy portable Tic Tac Toe that the entire family can play in the car.
18. Travel Pouch for Jewelry from Hello Nest
Keep your jewelry from tangling through your suitcase with a stylish no-sew travel pouch.
19. Toothbrush & Toothpaste Case DIY from Noodlehead
Made from a bath towel, this toothbrush case is not just cute, but also absorbent, meaning no more water dripping in your toiletries bag.
20. DIY Travel Dice Game from Making Nice in the Midwest
Keep busy on the go with this dice game. It doesn’t take a lot of space and it can entertain for a long time.
21. Travel Neck Pillow Cover from A Spoonful of Sugar
Not crazy about your neck pillow? Make a fun cover for it using your favorite fabric. Instant makeover!
22. Pet Bottle Containers from Latest Handmade
Upcycle pet bottles to make zipped containers that are perfect for the small things you need on your travels!
23. Headphones Case from I Heart Organizing
You’ll never lose your headphones again if you store them right! This cute case is made by repurposing a Q-tips box.
24. Anthropologie Leather DIY Journal from Hello Glow.
Write down all those interesting travel stories in a stylish leather covered journal you make yourself.
25. Travel Lap Tray from Pretty Prudent
Sitting in the car or plane is no fun for little ones (unless they get a tablet for the ride…). This DIY lap tray can be used to make things a little easier, with crafts, activities, snacks, and even napping.
Ready to start packing? Don’t forget about self-care and a travel survival kit!167