How much do you love summer camping? We’re pretty psyched about it – especially the yummy treats that only makes sense by the campfire! So pull out your guitar and your sleeping bag, and join us on a camping trip that’s full on delicious.
25 Ways to Cook on the Campfire
1. Banana boats by Nutrition Stripped. A grownup version of foil bananas, which uses dark chocolate chips, coconut flakes and of course, marshmallows.
2. Smoked rotisserie chicken by The Mighty Mrs. Make your own rotisserie chicken that tastes even better when smoked over the campfire.
3. Toasted cinnamon rolls by Dabbles & Babbles. Simply toast cinnamon rolls on hot embers and you get a deliciously moist treat for kids and adults alike.
4. Campfire breadsticks by Shock Munch. Using your favorite breadstick dough, bake your own rolled around a campfire stick.
5. Grilled s’more calzones by Half Baked Harvest. Cinnamon-spiced pizza dough replaces the crackers in this s’more recipe, plus they close all the goodness in, like calzones.
6. Campfire pizza nachos by Cooking with Janica. This is a really quick recipe, which is great for hungry campers! Plus it’s comfort food at its best.
7. Beer can chicken by Culinary Camper. Beer can chicken is a classic, but it tastes even better when roasted and smoked above the campfire.
8. Vegetable and quinoa recipe by Beloved Green. Wrap your favorite veggies with cooked quinoa in foil, and throw over the fire for a delicious healthy meal.
9. S’mores four ways by La Crema. Looking for ways to upgrade your s’mores? These recipes are all new and delicious.
10. Grilled margherita sandwich by The Gunny Sack. The simple mozzarella, tomato and basil sandwich is amazing when grilled on the campfire!
11. Campfire breakfast burger recipe by Jelly Toast Blog. Start your day in nature with a delicious burger made with egg and cheddar biscuits.
12. Campfire bacon by Zestuous. Just put bacon on a stick and enjoy your newly found favorite recipe.
13. Crumbly chili cotija corn by Honest Cooking. Corn is at its best roasted on the campfire, plus this recipe also uses cotija cheese and chili to make it more interesting.
14. Foil-wrapped potatoes by Serious Eats. These flavorful potato packets are seasoned with lemon juice, thyme, shallots and black pepper.
15. Fudgy campfire cakes by Tablespoon. Bake brownie mix in orange orange peels wrapped in foil and enjoy an impressive treat.
16. S’mores blondies by The Merrythought. The homemade blondies take s’mores to a whole new level of goodness.
17. Campfire popcorn by Folklings. Not just for movie night at home, corn can be popped over the campfire and enjoyed while gazing at the stars.
18. Campfire chili cheese baked potatoes by The Camp Gal. Add just a few toppings to a classic baked potato and you have a satisfying meal!
19. Campfire quesadillas by Dirty Gourmet. Wrap a quesadilla in foil and cook it over the fire for a quick, filling meal.
20. Campfire burgers by Gluten Free With L.B. Full of veggies and lean meat, this burger is easy, quick and light on the waist.
21. Bacon onion campfire hasselback potato by BS’ in the Kitchen. Stuff an already delicious potato with bacon, onion and spices and enjoy a fancy campfire meal!
22. Hobo eclairs by Playing House. Wrap crescent dough around a stick, cook over the fire, then fill up with whipped cream and/or chocolate syrup.
23. Campfire pies by Andrea Meyers. Made in sandwich irons over the campfire, these sweet sandwiches are easy and delicious.
24. Hawaiian chicken stack tin foil dinner by One Sweet Appetite. Enjoy Hawaiian chicken even when you’re out in the woods.
25. Campfire paella by Zestuous. Who would’ve thought you could make something as fancy as paella so easily?53