Spinach, Egg and Avocado Stuffed Sweet Potato
Loaded with antioxidants, fiber and good fats, this avocado, egg and spinach stuffed sweet potato compete for the healthiest breakfast recipe!
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tsp Smart Balance
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- A pinch sea salt
- 2 cups purified water
- Freshly ground black pepper
- To garnish: sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Rinse the sweet potatoes, pierce with a fork all around then onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and bake for 30 minutes until tender, then remove from the oven.
- While the potatoes are baking, add the water into a medium sauce pan and bring to boil.
- Add the vinegar, reduce the heat to low, break the eggs and add them into the water.
- Poach for four minutes, then remove (but save the hot water) and add into cold water and set aside to cool.
- Heat the Smart Balance butter into a skillet over low heat, add the diced garlic, fry for 30 seconds, then add the fresh spinach and cook until the leaves softens.
- Season with pepper, and set aside.
- Cut open the baked sweet potatoes, add the avocado slices and cooked spinach, and drizzle with lemon juice.
- Add the eggs into the hot water in which they were poached, allow them a few seconds to heat, then remove.
- Top the sweet potatoes with the poached eggs, season with salt, garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
Recipe by Hello Glow at https://helloglow.co/3-stuffed-sweet-potato-recipes/