This post has been sponsored by Dannon Light & Fit®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
It’s an ongoing challenge to make good food choices with an ever-changing schedule. If I don’t plan ahead and have protein-rich options on hand, ready to go, then soon I’m hangry and my productivity takes a beating as well.
Part of keeping my diet on track is incorporating meals and snacks that taste *good.* Treats are non-negotiable for me. Instead of turning to vending machine sodas and candy, take a few minutes to transform your afternoon snack into one that combines great taste with good nutrition.
Take a fridge staple like yogurt, for example. My family loves creamy, delicious Dannon® Light & Fit Nonfat Greek Strawberry yogurt cups. So I’ve partnered with Dannon Light & Fit® to bring you three fresh ideas that give you the high-protein nutrition you need for a delicious treat without the guilt.
Each Light & Fit 5.3 ounce serving contains 12 grams of protein and only 80 calories. Grabbing a yogurt cup is a perfect choice for a quick, nutritious breakfast or snack. If you’re stuck in a yogurt rut, try one of these three tasty ways to combine Light & Fit® Greek Strawberry yogurt, Special K® Vanilla Almond cereal, fresh strawberries, and my favorite…chocolate! They’re all smart choices for a delicious treat anytime of day.
For more fun ways to use Light & Fit, check out these recipes on the Light & Fit website. One more quick question—are you looking for a way to save money that’s better than using coupons? Check out Ibotta, a new smart way to earn cash when you shop. Ibotta gives you cash back offers at all of your favorite retail and grocery stores, in addition to discounts, exclusive deals, and more. There’s also a free mobile app to make things even easier! Click HERE for the special Ibotta Light & Fit® offer.
Frozen Fruit Clusters
These tasty little fruit clusters are pop-able and easy to eat. Just combine Light & Fit Strawberry with Special K Vanilla Almond and diced strawberries, drop onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, and freeze until firm. Transfer the clusters to a resealable, freezer-proof container. You can make them small, medium, or large depending on personal preference. I like making them on the smaller side so I can fill up a little bowl with the bite-sized treats and pop ’em right into my mouth.
Frozen Fruit Clusters
- 3 5.3 ounce containers Dannon Light & Fit® Nonfat Greek Strawberry yogurt
- 3 cups Special K® Vanilla Almond, plus a little extra for garnish
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Melted chocolate, for drizzling, optional
- In a large bowl, combine Dannon Light & Fit® Greek Strawberry
yogurt, Special K® Vanilla Almond, diced strawberries, and mini
chocolate chips. Stir until combined.
- Using a mini ice cream scoop or tablespoon to drop small mounds onto a parchment or waxed paper lined baking sheet.
- Freeze until firm, about 2 hours. Drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle with a little more cereal, if desired. Serve immediately or store in airtight, freezer-safe container for up to 1 week.
Sometimes I take my snacks on the go. Whether it’s while I’m walking my dogs around the block or running errands for work, a fruity fro-yo pop doesn’t compromise on taste. I like to add diced or sliced strawberries into the yogurt along with a little milk (I find this helps the pops freeze up a little firmer; it’s completely optional), fill up a popsicle mold, and freeze until firm. For a little extra flair, I coat the popsicles with melted chocolate and dip into lightly crushed Special K Vanilla Almond. These are also perfect for an after-dinner treat.
- 4 5.3 ounce containers containers Dannon Light & Fit® Nonfat Greek Strawberry yogurt
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup milk, for thinning (optional)
- 1 cup strawberries, diced or thinly sliced
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups Special K® Vanilla Almond, lightly crushed
- In a large bowl, combine Dannon Light & Fit® Greek Strawberry yogurt
and sliced strawberries. Add milk, if desired, to thin the mixture a
bit. This also helps pops freeze more solidly.
- Divide the mixture between the popsicle molds. (The mold used and shown
are about 1/3 cup each.) Gently rap the mold on the counter to help
release any air bubbles or use popsicle stick to push all of the yogurt
and berries into the molds. Insert popsicle sticks and freeze until
firm, about 6-8 hours, or overnight.
- Place chocolate chips in a 2-cup glass measuring cup. Melt the chocolate
chips on 50% power for 30 second intervals, stirring between, until
melted. Stir in coconut oil, if using.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed or parchment paper. Remove pops from
molds. Dipping mold into warm water will help release the pops. Dip the
pops into the chocolate, allowing the excess to drip back into the
measuring cup. Immediately sprinkle all sides of the popsicles with the
crushed Special K® Vanilla Almond. Lay on the lined baking sheet and
place in freezer to allow chocolate to set. Store covered or in airtight
container in freezer for up to 7-10 days.
Yogurt bark is hands-down one of my very favorite ways to mix things up for a tasty treat. I think it has to do with how pretty the bark is. Of course, it’s even prettier with some sliced strawberries, chopped chocolate, and cereal. You could even use another Light & Fit flavor along with the strawberry for a fun, fruity swirl.
- 4 5.3 ounce containers Dannon Light & Fit® Nonfat Greek Strawberry yogurt
- 1 cup strawberries, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- 1 cup Special K® Vanilla Almond
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, allowing for extra paper on each side to function as handles.
- Stir Dannon Light & Fit® Greek Strawberry yogurt to incorporate
fruit on the bottom. Spoon onto the lined baking pan and spread in a
smooth layer with an offset spatula. Press the strawberries evenly over
the yogurt followed by a sprinkling of mini chocolate chips or chopped
chocolate and Special K® Vanilla Almond.
- Freeze until firm, about 2-3 hours. Cut or break into pieces. Serve
immediately or store in airtight, freezer-safe container for up to 1