When it comes to exfoliating and hydrating the skin, there’s nothing like a good, homemade scrub. Whether it’s for your face, lips, hands or entire body, you can whip it up quickly with things you have in the pantry. The base is usually sugar (white or brown), salt (Epsom or otherwise) or oatmeal, with the latter being the most gentle of the bunch. From there, you can just improvise with oils and fruit. Try one of these 50 sugar, salt and oatmeal scrub recipes or make a big batch for holiday gifts – each one is guaranteed to pamper.
Sugar Scrub Recipes
1. Apple cinnamon body scrub by Pretty Plain Janes, which smells like the most delicious apple pie.
2. Hot cocoa body scrub by Hello Glow is the way to pamper your skin and your senses in wintertime.
3. Whipped grapefruit mint sugar scrub by The Kitchen McCabe looks like a cupcake, but softens the skin like coconut oil.
4. Paradise mango DIY scrub by Hello Glow, a tropical addition to your bath routine.
5. Coffee honey body scrub by Alyssa & Carla will also reduce the appearance of cellulite.
6. Pumpkin spice facial scrub by Hello Glow, or as we like to call it, fall in a jar.
7. Chai pear sugar scrub by Hello Glow is a swoon-worthy way to celebrate fall.
8. Sweet grape body scrub by Savvy Naturalista has the nicest shade of lilac we’ve seen lately!
9. Green tea body scrub by Babbling ‘Bout Beauty, combing all the benefits of green tea with exfoliation and moisture.
10. Coconut milk sugar scrub by Hello Glow is hydrating and it keeps that smooth-skin feeling on for a while.
11. Edible pumpkin lip scrub by Hello Glow, because you should only be putting scrubs you can eat on your lips.
12. Gingerbread scrub by Wallflower Girl, for in between holiday baking moments of relaxation.
13. Snow cone sugar scrub by The Gunny Sack looks (and smells) like a dream. A pastel, snow cone dream.
14. Mint chocolate sugar scrub by Hello Glow, a divine smell that helps with chocolate cravings.
15. Birthday cake sugar scrub by Kumquat is the type of scrub you want to use on your birthday (and any day, really).
16. Citrus vanilla sugar scrub by Hello Glow makes summer skin glow and smell so fresh.
Salt Scrub Recipes
17. Homemade peppermint foot scrub by The Chic Site only has four ingredients, it’s refreshing and effective.
18. Coffee scrub DIY by Hello Glow has double the power, with cellulite busting coffee grounds and exfoliating salt.
19. Salted cream body scrub by Hello Glow, or all the benefits of matcha, honey, and sea salt in one product.
20. Himalayan pink salt scrub by Evermine is pretty-looking, but also therapeutic for your skin.
21. Citrus salt body scrub by Hello Glow is relaxing and immune boosting because of all the vitamin C in citrus.
22. Almond & floral body scrub by Lia Griffith is a calming scrub made with lavender and flower petals.
23. Rose body scrub by Oh So Pretty makes you feel smooth and smell amazing all day long.
24. Margarita body scrub by Hello Glow takes care of all those leftover limes and tequila.
25. Exfoliating sea salt hand scrub by Hello Glow gives your hands the treatment they deserve.
26. Ginger body scrub by Hello Glow is what your body needs to detox and renew.
27. Salted cream scrub by Hello Glow is a geisha-worthy recipe that your skin will adore.
28. Ginger detox body scrub by Hello Glow, the perfect exfoliant before a detox bath.
29. Scented salt scrub by Mad in Crafts can be customized with different scents and printable labels to give away.
30. Mint lime salt scrub by Call Me Fudge is a truly refreshing morning shower experience.
31. Sea shower scrub by The Makeup Dummy is inspired by Lush’s Rub Rub Rub.
32. Geranium pink sea salt scrub by Freutcake smells of rose, lychee and coconut oil.
33. Ultimate skin scrub by Mama Dweeb has all the right ingredients to be called “ultimate”.
34. Summer-ready coffee foot scrub by Hello Glow, for perfectly smooth and silky feet, at last.
Oatmeal Scrub Recipes
35. Gentle oat scrub by Hello Glow shows that even two ingredients can be enough when it comes to homemade beauty products.
37. Oatmeal honey face scrub by Dabbles & Babbles is gentle on your face and it helps cleanse the skin deeper.
38. Coconut oatmeal scrub by A Pumpkin & A Princess is perfect for a girls’ night in!
39. Rose + chamomile facial scrub by Hello Glow, a gentle, everyday scrub made with rose petals and calming chamomile.
40. Oatmeal coconut cookie scrub by Smart School House feels like you’re eating cookies, without any guilt.
41. DIY oatmeal and brown exfoliating facial scrub by Scratch Mommy doubles up on exfoliants for even better results.
42. Oatmeal and honey scrub by Mommy Mentionables, made with both oatmeal and sugar, for extra exfoliation.
43. Cinnamon vanilla oatmeal body scrub by My Baking Addiction, one that’s really for all the baking addicts out there.
44. Oatmeal body scrub by Freebie Finding Mom come with free printable labels for gift giving.
45. DIY oatmeal + honey scrub by Girl With Curves can be applied once a month, especially during transitional weather.
46. Mango body scrub for sensitive skin by Hello Glow is rich in Vitamin A, which helps skin regenerate, and soothing honey.
47. Cinnamon scrub by Sifa’s Corner helps get rid of blackheads!
48. DIY oatmeal body scrub by Gorgeous Mantra is gentle on the skin but so good for it!
49. Face scrub for normal to oily skin by Blah Blah Magazine leaves your skin glowing even if it’s usually oily.
50. Handmade hand scrub by Country Hill Cottage proves that hand scrubs don’t need to be rough to work well.44