For managing weight, there’s a secret weapon that you should be taking advantage of: fiber! It’s the key to feeling full longer. Fiber is important everyday, but rarely do we get enough since we focus so much on low carb / high protein diets.
Fiber comes from roughage in veggies, beans, nuts and seeds (source), and this simple fiber-loaded drink recipe is the perfect snack for curbing cravings.
3 Simple Ways To Up Your Daily Fiber Intake
1. Eat whole fruits
To up your fiber intake, eat your fruit, skin and all, instead of drinking fruit juices. Summer is full of delicious fruit options, like watermelon (my personal favorite!). Or you can crunch on an apple or blend up berries in your smoothie.
2. Add fiber supplements
Benefiber® Healthy Shape Dietary Fiber Supplement is clinically proven to help you feel fuller longer*. Plus Benefiber® Healthy Shape is a 100% natural and taste-free daily supplement that helps you consume fewer calories and curb cravings*. It’s completely dissolvable in most beverages* so you adding it to a fun drink recipe like the chia fresca recipe below is easy way to add it to your diet.
3. Incorporate chia seeds
One tablespoon of chia seeds meets 1/4 of your daily fiber needs. Chia seeds absorb water, causing them to swell and expand in your stomach, which keeps you feeling full. Switch up breakfast to chia pudding or add chia to drink recipes and overnight oats.
Watermelon chia agua fresca
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 cup fresh watermelon
- 4 rounded tablespoon of Benefiber® Healthy Shape
- Stevia or Agave as needed
- Combine the water and the chia seeds in a small pitcher or jar. Stir to get all of the chia seeds in the water.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes to allow the chia seeds to plump up.
- Combine the chia water and watermelon in a blender and blend.
- Stir in Benefiber® Healthy Shape until dissolved.
- Chill and serve.
Clinical studies show benefits with regular use. A weight management program should include a healthy diet and regular exercise. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Benefiber® Healthy Shape Trademark is owned by GSK Group of companies.
How do you curb cravings?
Tell me in the comments for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 8/8/2016– 9/8/2016
Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Benefiber® or GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare
Photos by Heidi’s Bridge