Black Bath Bomb Recipe
Yield 2 large bombs
- In a large bowl, combine the baking soda, citric acid and Epsom salt. Whisk and set aside.
- Add the melted coconut oil and stir everything as quickly as possible, before the oil has a chance to solidify. If needed, use your hands to break apart the solid bits until the mixture feels relatively smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine the water, food coloring and activated charcoal. Add it to your baking soda mixture and use a spoon to mix. It should be the consistency of damp sand, but if you need to add more moisture, fill a small spray bottle with tap water and spritz water over the mixture until it starts to come together.
- Pack your mixture tightly into a bath bomb mold, cupcake pan or small ramakin. Let it set for 10 minutes. Remove the bomb from its mold and let it dry overnight.
- To use, drop a bath bomb into the bathtub and soak for 20 - 30 minutes. The activated charcoal will stick to skin and bath tub materials, but won't stain. Simply rinse well when done.
Recipe by Hello Glow at https://helloglow.co/black-bath-bombs/