Blueberry Acai Ice Cream
- 4 2/3 cups Lactaid Whole Milk
- 3 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- ½ & ¼ cup erythritol
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ teaspoon acai powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Heat the milk in a large sauce pot over medium heat. Heat to a gentle simmer and remove from heat. Let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Combine blueberries, ¼ cup of sugar, zest, and lemon juice in a sauce pot over medium high heat. Cook until blueberries are soft and juices are released. Pour into a blender and pulse until smooth. Let cool for 10-15 minutes or until just slightly warm to the touch.
- Whisk the eggs, yolks, and sugar in a bowl until pale, yellow, and thick. Gently pour the milk into the egg mixture, whisking constantly. Add in the vanilla, acai powder, and salt. Add in the blueberry mixture. Cool the mixture in an ice bath or the refrigerator until cold.
- Pour into an ice machine and follow manufacturer’s directions.