The term “self-care” gets thrown around so much lately that it’s almost become a parody. But you don’t need elaborate retreats or trips to the yoga studio to take care of yourself. Sometimes little moments throughout the day are all you need to recharge and refocus. For me, that usually means brewing a cup of hot tea or coffee, taking some deep breaths, and meditating on the feeling of the warm mug in my hands as a way to clear my thoughts. Totally corny, right? But it works for me.
These bone broth latte recipes from our friends at Bonafide Provisions are the perfect little respite from the day’s stresses. Each has a unique combination of ingredients to nourish your body and mind—and skipping the added sugar makes these savory lattes far better for you than the ones you buy at the coffee shop. Restorative organic bone broth delivers the benefits of collagen (hello healthy skin and nails!), amino acids, vitamins, and minerals to help support the immune system and gut health.
Inflammation Fighting Bone Broth Latte
- 16 ounces chicken bone broth
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- Celtic Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ghee for those who can’t tolerate lactose or casein or grassfed butter
- 1 lemon wedge
- In a medium saucepan, heat up the broth on medium heat until it begins to simmer. Add spices and turn the temperature down to low. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a high-speed blender pitcher. Add ghee + squeeze of lemon wedge and blend on medium-high for 30 seconds until frothy and well combined. Serve right away.
Basil Citrus Bone Broth Latte
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups chicken bone broth heated up
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk heated up
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients in a high speed blender. Blend on medium-high until basil has broken down and everything looks well combined and creamy.