There’s a lot you can do with bone broth aside from sipping it straight and using it as a base for soup. One of our favorite new ways to use it is to whip it up into a nourishing latte. We’ve shared some savory bone broth lattes in the past, but this bone broth matcha latte from our friends at Bonafide Provisions is a little bit more traditional. (Except for the addition of bone broth, of course!)
Restorative organic bone broth delivers the benefits of collagen, amino acids, vitamins, and minerals to help support the immune system and gut health. And with the collagen from the broth and antioxidants from the matcha, this latte is amazing for your skin too. Coconut butter—also called coconut manna—adds just a touch of sweetness and healthy fat, but if you like, you can add honey or your favorite sweetener too.
Bone Broth Matcha Latte
- Mesh strainer
- Tea kettle
- 1 heaping teaspoon matcha powder
- 2 ounces hot water about 170ºF
- 1/2 cup favorite non dairy milk heated
- 1 cup chicken bone broth heated
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- 1 - 1 1/2 teaspoons honey to sweeten optional
- First, measure out 1 heaping teaspoon of matcha powder and sift it through a strainer and directly into your blender (I use a Vitamix). This removes clumps.
- Next, add your near-boiling water (roughly 170ºF!)
- Add milk and broth to the blender.
- Add coconut butter and honey, if using.
- Secure the top of your blender well, and blend on low-medium for about 2 minutes.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy!
Maria P. Nunez says