Okay, we won’t make you wait for it: it’s bone broth.
We’re huge fans of collagen supplementation here on Hello Glow. Whether you get it from a powder, from gelatin, or from bone broth, we’ve seen its benefits first-hand: stronger hair and nails, skin that feels firmer, better gut health and less joint pain. Of course, it’s something you need to incorporate into your diet regularly, not just here and there, so it helps to have a variety of recipes and ideas in your back pocket to rely upon.
It might seem strange to add bone broth to a smoothie, but bone broth smoothie recipes are trending for a reason: they taste good! This smoothie from The 7-Day Bone Broth Diet Plan by Meredith Cochran doesn’t attempt to mask the bone broth flavor with heaps of sugar and fruit, so it’s great for keto and other low-carb diets.
Put the Lime in the Coconut Smoothie
- Small saucepan
- 8 ounces Chicken Bone Broth like Osso Good
- 1/4 cup cup coconut milk liquid
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream the stiff part that separates in the coconut milk can
- Juice of 1⁄2 lime
- Pinch Celtic sea salt
- Cilantro leaves chopped
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, warm the broth until it just begins to bubble.
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until well mixed. Garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.