Inner Glow Carrot, Sweet Potato & Red Lentil Soup
Yield 2 servings
- 2 large carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
- 1 cup cooked red lentils
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth, warmed
- 1/2 cup lite coconut milk
- Chopped nuts, seeds and cilantro, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss the carrots, potato and onion with with olive oil and spices. Roast for 30-40 minutes, or until softened and just beginning to brown, stirring halfway through cooking time.
- Transfer the roasted vegetables into the blender; add the lentils, broth, and coconut milk and blend until smooth and creamy, adding more liquid if needed for a thinner consistency.
- Divide into 2 bowls and serve topped with nuts, seeds, and chopped cilantro, if desired.
Recipe by Hello Glow at https://helloglow.co/carrot-sweet-potato-red-lentil-soup/