Chili-Stuffed Baked Potatoes
Use up leftover chili and turn it into another fantastic, easy dinner by serving atop baked potatoes. To round out the meal, serve with a green salad and crusty bread.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 cups leftover chili
- 4 large baking potatoes scrubbed
- Toppings: sour cream + green onions
- Serve with: green salad with Parmesan Ranch thinned with buttermilk, raw veggies, bread
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Prick potatoes all over with a fork and place in oven. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until cooked through. Test by inserting the tip or a paring knife or a cake tester into the potato. If it pierces the potato easily, they are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, warm up the leftover chili and prepare the toppings and sides.
- When potatoes are baked, remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Cut them lengthwise through the center, but not all the way through. Ladle 1/2 cup of the chili into the potato. Top with sour cream and green onions. Serve immediately with a green salad, raw veggies, and bread on the side.
- Sweet potatoes are a great substituted for the baking potatoes.