As women we’re aggressively bombarded with marketing designed to convince us to buy beauty products and miracle food ingredients. As you already know, here at Hello Glow we try to find homemade alternatives to all those expensive beauty treatments and foods. That way, we know exactly what we put on our bodies and nurture our cells with. Rather than recommending complicated recipes with long ingredient lists, we keep things down to earth knowing that simplicity is always best.
This beauty boosting breakfast bowl is an example of this. Eating mindfully, knowing that beauty starts with what we put in our mouths and using simple, whole, nourishing ingredients you can easily find – these are the principles behind creating this summer breakfast recipe.
This bowl can easily be made in 15 minutes (if quinoa is already cooked, which you can include in you meal prep plans for the weekend) and combines these nutrient-packed foods to help you glow from inside out:
- Quinoa – one of the healthiest plant-based protein sources, offering all nine amino acids your body needs to build up protein blocks. Aiming to get at least 60 grams of protein per day will help your body balance hormone production, maintain your weight and help you build muscle during daily exercise. We all know that our skin is the best mirror of how we feel inside, so balanced hormone production is definitely important!
- Vitamin C-packed fruits – such as mango, lime and blueberries support progesterone production, reduce PMS symptoms, eye puffiness and help calm anxiety and regulate mood changes.
- Yogurt – the fact that health starts in your gut isn’t a secret! Your microbiome needs to be constantly refreshed, and including natural probiotics like yogurt to your daily routine is the easiest way to do it.
Beauty Boosting Chocolate Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
For the Quinoa Granola
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa about 3/4 cup dry
- 1/2 cup mixed seeds and nuts of choice
- 2 teaspoons ground flax
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 2.5 ounces dark chocolate aim for at least 80% cacao, chopped
- 1 cup natural yogurt use plant-based yogurt for vegan
- 1 ripe mango peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 lime peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons desiccated coconut unsweetened
- In a non-stick skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium heat and add the quinoa granola ingredients except chocolate.
- Stir to combine and cook for 7-10 minutes stirring frequently.
- Turn off the heat, add the chocolate and mix to incorporate (it will melt in seconds).
- Divide the yogurt into the serving bowls, and scoop the quinoa granola on top.
- Garnish with fresh fruit and coconut flakes and serve.
Looking for more beauty-boosting recipes? Try out these anti-aging breakfast ideas!20