We’ve often mentioned coconut oil as one of our kitchen/beauty essentials. But let’s not forget coconut water: low in calories and cholesterol-free, yet tasty and exotic! It’s even been called “mother nature’s sports drink,” and an aid against hangovers, acne and high blood pressure. It facilitates digestion and weight loss, plus it’s super nutritious and hydrating. With all that in mind, we’ve surfed for some new ways to use coconut water in our daily diet, and we’ve found that it can even be used in cakes and curries…and who isn’t always down for cake and curry?
25 Coconut Water Recipes
1. Watermelon coconut agua fresca – An easy, healthy way to stay hydrated on hot days.
2. Make your own aloe water – Hydrate and heal from the inside out with this easy homemade aloe water recipe.
3. Coconut water lemonade – Bring your lemonade to the next level my making it with coconut water! You’ll never want to to back to just water.
4. Skinny Pina Colada – Pina Colada fans will enjoy this lightened-up version made with coconut water, pineapple juice and white rum.
5. Homemade coconut water kefir – Making your own kefir from coconut water is an easy, non-dairy way to get all those probiotic benefits.
6. Healthy tropical smoothie – The perfect way to cool off and send your mind to the beach, a tropical smoothie made with coconut water, pineapple, mango and watermelon.
7. Strawberry popsicles – The natural sweetness of coconut water blends perfectly with the taste of strawberries in these refreshing pops.
8. Tender coconut pudding – An easy to make, egg-less pudding that’s comforting and simply beautiful.
9. Tropical coconut sangria – Coconut water, vodka, pineapple, mango, orange and white wine all meet in this perfectly exotic cocktail.
10. Malaysian chicken curry – An easy to make Malaysian curry with chicken, garlic, red chilies and different sauces.
11. Strawberry Mango Metabolism Smoothie – This light and refreshing smoothie contains two special metabolism-boosting ingredients. I think we are all fans of sweet and fruity beverages that can help us lose weight, right?
12. Pineapple mint coconut water frappe – Made with mint simple syrup and sweet pineapple, this drink is bound to become a summer staple.
13. Kuruma shrimp with fennel pistachio couscous – An exotic dish served with peach puree and rose-scented coconut water foam.
14. Coconut water coffee – Super easy to make and an interesting change in your everyday coffee ritual.
15. Roast okra and fish curry with garlic kale – A hearty recipe made with the tastiest coconut water curry.
16. 6-Ingredient Bloat-Busting Pineapple Smoothie – Pineapple is a great natural source of fiber and contains an ample amount of an enzyme called bromelain, which breaks down protein and aids in digestion.
17. Electrolyte Lemonade – Instead of buying sports drinks with funny ingredients, make your own electrolyte lemonade with citrus, coconut water and Himalayan salt.
18. Coco pendan syrup – Use this syrup to sweeten your tea or make es campur – it will be the key ingredient either way!
19. Coconut water & fresh blackberry gelatin – A dessert that’s bound to make an impression at your next gathering.
20. Coconut water mojito – Super refreshing and tasty, this mojito features coconut water and frozen raspberries.
21. Wrinkle fighting beauty smoothie – Not only does this smoothie kill cravings, but it also fights wrinkles!
22. Pineapple coconut acai chia ice pops – This frozen treat is also healthy, which makes it a great afternoon snack!
23. Coconut sweet potato tequila shrimp ceviche – Aren’t these ingredients intriguing? We think so…
24. Triple coconut sorbet – A mouthwatering dessert made with coconut water and milk, sea salt and cherries.
25. Lemon Rice – Even rice tastes better with coconut water! This recipe is a dream for when you want something filling but healthy.243