Whole grain cornmeal waffles lightly sweetened with honey that are perfect for any meal, anytime of day. Top with Slow Cooker Black Bean Chili for a delicious dinner.
Servings: 6 servings
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl or large glass measuring cup, whisk together buttermilk, eggs, melted butter or oil, and honey.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients into the well. Stir until just combined. The batter may not be smooth and that's okay.
- Depending on the size of your waffle iron, ladle the batter onto the hot waffle iron and cook to desired crispiness. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Serve topped with Slow Cooker Black Bean Chili and toppings as a main dish, or serve with fruit and maple syrup for breakfast.