There’s just something about a warm bowl of creamy soup on a cold winter’s day. Unfortunately, many creamy-soup recipes are full of cream and cheese, or include condensed soups (thus, preservatives and sodium). But this one harnesses the natural creaminess of cauliflower and pairs it with savory rosemary, garlic and parsley for a decadent, creamy soup that has no dairy.
For an even richer flavor, substitute vegetable broth (or chicken if you’re not vegetarian) for all or some of the water. A splash of coconut milk or heavy cream at the end would make it even more decadent.
Creamy Vegan Cauliflower Soup with Garlic + Rosemary
- 6 cups water
- 1 large head of cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 large cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary OR dried rosemary, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Add water and cauliflower florets to a large soup pot. Add onion, garlic, rosemary, sea salt, and black pepper. Simmer on medium/high heat for about 15 minutes. The cauliflower should be soft. Carefully blend the hot mixture in batches using a blender or an immersion blender. Taste for salt. Top with fresh parsley and olive oil before serving.