While I always appreciate a ready made meal plan, as someone who’s pretty particular about what she eats (okay, picky), they rarely work for me. I’d rather have options and building blocks rather than a one-size-fits-all menu.
Now, if you’d like a detox meal plan, we have them here, here, and here. But if you’d rather have a list of recipes that allows you to put together your own custom detox plan, then you’re in the right place. We’ve gathered some of our best detox recipes for every meal of the day—and drinks and snacks, just in case you need them. Choose the ones that sound good to you and start the year with a clean slate!
25 Mix-and-Match Detox Recipes
One way to help your body detox is to skip breakfast, fasting from after dinner to lunchtime the next day. But some people just need that morning meal to fuel their day. If this sounds like you, here are some healthy options.
- Whipped Berry Detox Porridge
- SugarDetoxMe Coconut Pancakes
- Cherry Protein Smoothie Bowl
- Spirulina Breakfast Pudding
- Detox Probiotic Smoothie with Kefir
- Healthy Breakfasts for a Fresh Start
Not having a lunch prepped and ready to go is probably one of the easiest ways to derail any eating plan—especially when there are leftover holiday treats in the office kitchen. All of these recipes can be made in advance and some make enough servings to last you all week long!
- Rainbow Veggie Salad with Kelp Noodles + Ginger-Lime Dressing
- Cauliflower Rice Tabbouleh Salad
- Detox Lunch Wrap with Sunflower Seed Spread
- Citrus Avocado Salad
- Detox Taco Wraps with Pumpkin Seed Pate
- 5 Detox Lunches You’ll Actually Look Forward To Eating
For a dinner in January, you want something warm and satisfying—even when you’re on a detox plan. So we’ll skip the salads and opt for nourishing recipes that will keep you full until bedtime.
- Healing Carrot Soup with Turmeric and Ginger
- Whole30 One-Pan Mexican Chicken
- Nourishing Turmeric Curry Bowls with Zucchini Noodles
- Crispy Almond-Breaded Chicken Tenders with Kale Sauté with Lemon and Sea Salt
- Comforting Cashew Curry
- 9 Detox Dinners That Won’t Leave You Feeling Deprived
Optional: Detox Drinks
Water is nature’s detox drink. When you’re on any cleanse plan, drink lots of water! Aim for at least 64 ounces. But if you need a little something else, try one of these tasty detox drink recipes.
- Lemon Water Elixir
- Banana Milk
- Immunity-Boosting Kvass
- Golden Milk
- Carrot Blessings Juice
- Kickstart Your New Year with 50 Delicious Detox Drinks
- 5 Ways to Make a Detox Drink
Optional: Detox Snacks
When you’re detoxing, it’s best to skip the snacks to give your digestive system a rest between meals. But sometimes you just need something, in which case it’s good to be prepared. Here are a few healthy snacks that won’t derail your clean eating plan.
- Zucchini Chips with Garlic Bean Free Hummus
- Creamy Zucchini and Red Pepper Dip
- Activated Charcoal Protein Bars
- Crispy Curry Garlic Carrot Fries
- Frozen Yogurt with Bee Pollen
- 30 Healthy Chip Recipes