Putting a good outfit together is never easy, but it gets significantly harder when you’re pregnant. And not just because putting on socks becomes a tiring chore and working around an ever-changing bump and body is difficult, but also because the majority of maternity wear available is… boring.
At first it may seem like you can get away with regular clothes, maybe just size up, why bother? But as your pregnancy progresses, you’ll be craving clothes that actually fit well. And if that’s the case, we’ve got some pretty suggestions for you, stuff you’ll actually want to wear:
1. Asos Straight Leg Jeans // The majority of pregnancy jeans are skinny but if that’s not a silhouette you love, how about these straight recycled denim ones? After all, you need mom jeans to become an actual mom!
2. New Look Striped Woven Shirt // A lightweight, comfortable fabric is essential, especially when you’re due in the warmer months! This one is 100% woven cotton and it features a sunny striped pattern.
3. Old Navy Nursing Top // The flattering loose fit of this striped tank top makes it good for pregnancy, while also facilitating nursing afterwards.
4. H&M Denim Shorts // Not too long, not too short, and perfectly comfortable, these denim shorts are a cute alternative to leggings in summer.
5. Asos Twist Front Dress // The twist front on this skater dress is flattering to both the bust and bump. Moreover, this dress can easily be taken from casual to chic with the right accessories!
6. Ingrid & Isabel Jumpsuit // A one piece outfit that’s not a dress, leaving enough room for movement? Yes, please!
7. Bun Maternity Cold Shoulder Tee // “Cold Shoulder” tops are still on trend this year, and they add interest to any outfit! Plus you can wear this one after the baby comes, since it’s nursing-friendly.
8. Asos Sequin Midi Dress // If you feel like wedding season never ends, it’s because it doesn’t. Not even when you’re pregnant. This gorgeous sequin dress, however, will probably make you excited about what you’ll wear!
9. Linenfox Maternity Dress // Wrap dresses are ideal for a changing body while linen is the ideal, breathable fabric for summer.
10. Over Belly Tie Skirt // This over-the-belly tie skirt is flattering in style, while the flowy fabric and pockets make it both comfy and practical.
11. Target Hi-Lo Dress // Keep stylish and effortless in this tie-sleeve, V-neck dress featuring a high-low hemline. You’ll like it so much, you’ll want to get both colors!
12. Isabella Oliver Striped Top // This trendy top features double ruffle sleeves, subtle stripes in red and white, and just the right width for your baby bump!
13. Uniqlo Cropped Leggings Pants // They feel like leggings, but they look like jeans! Plus, they’re available in neutral black or white, but also in fun yellow or khaki.
14. H&M Orange Dress // Don’t shy away from bold colors! They look great with your pregnancy glow, plus they’re really in this summer.
15. MiMi Button Front Dress // This strappy dress comes in an amazing mid-century style print, a great color, flattering length and a comfy elastic back!