Pumpkin pie, pumpkin ravioli, pumpkin hummus…pumpkin tacos? Well, let’s be honest: who doesn’t love tacos?
It’s all about creativity. You can stuff almost anything you want in a taco, and in any kind of shell. The beauty is, you can play around with different ingredients, branching outside of the traditional Mexican taco and making something healthier.
We’ve talked about detox foods before, and now we’re tackling the idea with these delicious tacos. If you use the right ingredients, you can make just about anything a detoxifying, and satisfying, meal–even tacos! Clean-eating ingredients like cucumbers, sprouts, and carrots take great care of your body, helping get rid of nasty toxins that build up from eating junk.
Detox Taco Wraps with Pumpkin Seed Pâté
- ½ cup pumpkin OR sunflower seed pâté
- Wrap of your choice romaine lettuce, nori sheets, collard leaf, etc.
- 1 small cucumber chopped
- 1 cup sprouts
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- Assemble the wraps. Spread 2 to 3 tablespoons of pâté onto your wrap. Top with vegetables, and roll the wrap.
What really makes this taco a rockstar is this pumpkin pâté. Pumpkin seeds are loaded with magnesium which is great for your heart, plus zinc and omega-3 fats. They’re even been shown to help postmenopausal women and others looking for a good night’s rest. So feel free to spread leftover pâté on anything you want!
Pumpkin Seed Pate
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds soaked for 8 hours (discard the water)
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ bunch cilantro
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Add the pumpkin seeds, olive oil, cilantro, curry powder, lemon juice, sea salt and black pepper to a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth. Add cold water if it is too thick. Enjoy the pâté as a salad topping or stuffed into a wrap.
- You can also use sunflower seeds instead of pumpkin seeds to make this pate.
Photos by Ana Stanciu1