Who doesn’t like a silky, lightweight moisturizer? And especially when you can make it yourself with just a bunch of ingredients. It’s perfect for everyday use and it provides a delightful mind-body experience. And we promise, it’s really easy:
DIY Coconut body whip
- 3/4 cup Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil
- 2 tablespoons Shea Butter (try Everyday Shea by Alaffia)
- 35 drops Orange Essential Oil
- 30 drops Pine Essential Oil
- 15 drops Lemongrass Essential Oil
- 15 drops Lemon Essential Oil
1. In a double boiler over low heat, gently warm the coconut oil and shea butter. Be careful not to melt the oil and butter – heat just enough to blend easily. Once incorporated, transfer the oil and butter mixture to a bowl.
2. Use an electric mixer on low speed to blend the coconut oil and shea butter until well mixed, 1-2 minutes.
3. Increase the speed to medium for several minutes, then high for several more minutes until the mixture has a lovely, whipped consistency. Remember to keep scraping the ingredients down the sides of the bowl, so they get fully incorporated.
4. Add the essential oils and blend to incorporate. The whole mixing process should take 8 to 10 minutes.
Yields 8 ounces. Transfer to a container like a wide-mouth canning jar for easy scooping. Unlike coconut oil that has not been whipped, this product is easy to scoop even at cooler temperatures.
Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil Giveaway
Nutiva is offering one Hello Glow reader one of their amazing virgin coconut oils! It is cold-pressed and never refined, deodorized or bleached! Savor its rich aroma and its smooth and sweet flavor. It’s ideal as a medium-heat cooking oil, a nutritious substitute in baking and even “better than butter” on bread, vegetables or popcorn. You can even use the luscious, soothing oil on your skin and hair (and we’ll always provide the best recipes for that).
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Hello Glow received product for review purposes. All opinions are 100% ours.