Some folks panic if they don’t have their phone. Oh, who am I kidding, that’s totally me. But I really get the shakes if I can’t find my lip balm. That is a true emergency!
This green tea-infused lip balm has a dose of SPF to protect your pout this summer. The zinc oxide leaves a slight white tint on your lips, which acts as a physical barrier spf, that goes away as it melts into the skin. Not into the white tint? Try this matcha lip balm.
Apply this balm, layer a pretty gloss on top and you’re good to go.
DIY Green Tea SPF Lip Balm
- Double boiler
- Small tins or empty lip balm tubes
For infused oil
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons loose green tea
For green tea-infused oil:
- Use a double boiler on medium heat to melt the coconut oil. Stir in the green tea.
- Cover and simmer on lowest heat setting for 1 hour. Strain tea from oil with cheesecloth
For lip balm:
- Combine the oil and beeswax in a double boiler over medium heat and heat until beeswax has melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in honey, avocado oil and 2 teaspoons zinc oxide powder.
- Blend with an electric handheld mixer until creamy.
- Transfer to a container with a lid.
This post was medically reviewed by Dr. Jennifer Haley, a board-certified dermatologist with extensive experience in medical, cosmetic and surgical dermatology. Learn more about Hello Glow’s medical review board here. As always, this is not personal medical advice and we recommend that you talk with your doctor.
Photos by Ana Stanciu74