Some folks panic if they don’t have their phone. Oh, who am I kidding, that’s totally me. But I really get the shakes if I can’t find my lip balm. That is a true emergency!
This green tea-infused lip balm has a dose of SPF to protect your pout this summer. The zinc oxide leaves a slight white tint on your lips initially that goes away as it melts into the skin. Apply this balm, layer a pretty gloss on top and you’re good to go.
DIY Green Tea SPF Lip Balm
- Double broiler
- Small tins or empty lip balm tubes
For infused oil
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons loose green tea
For green tea-infused oil:
- Use a double boiler on medium heat to melt the coconut oil. Stir in the green tea.
- Cover and simmer on lowest heat setting for 1 hour. Strain tea from oil with cheesecloth
For lip balm:
- Combine the oil and beeswax in a double boiler over medium heat and heat until beeswax has melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in honey, avocado oil and 2 teaspoons zinc oxide powder.
- Blend with an electric handheld mixer until creamy.
- Transfer to container with lid.
Photos by Ana Stanciu58