When it comes to spring desserts, light and easy are key. We’re entering into the season of warm breezes and sunshine, and it’s important that our sweet treats follow suit. This light pavlova recipe with fresh spring fruit is simple enough to make, but still special enough for a celebration.
Spring fruit pavlovas are amazing this time of year. With large varieties of fresh fruit popping up in the market, these crispy, airy little nests are the perfect canvas to show off the season’s bounty. Pavlovas are incredibly simple to make and only take a few ingredients, which is why it’s important to use the best ingredients possible. Fresh eggs and high quality sugar the key to a perfect pavlova.
I topped these mini Pavlovas with sweetened whipped cream and a variety of fresh fruit such as blackberries, kiwi and strawberries. Use whatever fruits you’d like to top these lovely little nests. The possibilities are endless!
Spring Fruit Pavlovas
- 4 large egg whites room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup Sugar In The Raw Organic White®
- Sweetened whipped cream and fresh fruit for serving
- Position oven racks to the top and bottom third of the oven and preheat to 275 degrees. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Position racks in the center if using two ovens.
- To the bowl of an electric mixer add egg whites, cream of tartar, and salt. Beat on medium low speed until foamy, about 3 minutes. Add Sugar In The Raw Organic White, one tablespoon at a time and beat to incorporate. Slowly increase speed to medium high and beat until egg whites are thick and glossy.
- Gently spoon egg mixture onto prepared baking sheets in 12 even dollops. Use a spoon to create an indent in the tops of each Pavlova.
- Bake pavlovas for 60 minutes. Keep oven door closed and turn off oven. Let the Pavlovas sit in the oven for an additional 60 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Top each Pavlova with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream and fresh fruit.