Edamame Soba Noodle Bowl
Yield 4 bowls
Our homemade remake of a favorite from Panera.
- 2 cups frozen edamame pods, defrosted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 carrots, cut into cubes
- 1/4 small white cabbage, diced
- 6 portobello mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons red miso paste
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 bunch soba noodles
- 1 cup greens of choice (kale, beet leaves, chard, radish leaves), chopped
- Lime juice, to serve
- Sprouts of choice, to garnish
- Remove the edamame beans from the pods.
- In a large skillet, add the olive oil and the vegetables (except the spinach and greens), and cook for ten minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Add the spinach, cook for two more minutes, turn off the heat and set aside.
- In a medium soup pot, add the vegetable broth and bring to boil over medium heat.
- In a small pot, mix the miso paste with paprika, cayenne, salt and vinegar and add into the simmering water. Stir to combine.
- Add the soba noodles and greens into the broth and simmer for three minutes over low heat, until the noodles are tender.
- Divide the noodles and broth into the serving bowls, add the vegetables, drizzle with lime juice and garnish with sprouts.
- Serve warm.
Recipe by Hello Glow at https://helloglow.co/edamame-soba-noodle-bowl/