This post is part of a DailyBuzz Brand Ambassador Program in conjunction with Progresso
I love to cook, but getting dinner on the table for my family can is still a big challenge. Everyone is busy with various activities and homework, and if I don’t plan ahead, dinner doesn’t happen. Enter Progresso Recipe Starters. The only planning ahead you need is to pick up a few packs from the grocery store to keep in the pantry. The five varieties are based on the mother sauces from classic French cooking and help get dinner on the table in a flash.
My family is big on pasta, and these Recipe Starters are made for one-pot pasta meals. The other night I stood in front of my pantry trying to decide what to make – a panic moment that often ends in dialing for pizza delivery. Instead I made a quick spaghetti meal and let the Fire Roasted Tomato packet jazz things up with roasted tomatoes and red peppers.
Add a few extras (I used artichoke hearts and leftover sliced chicken breasts), and dinner is ready in the time it takes to cook the spaghetti. My kids couldn’t get enough! What mom doesn’t love a 4-ingredient dinner?
Fire Roasted Tomato and Artichoke Spaghetti with Chicken
- 1 Fire Roasted Tomato Progresso Recipe Starters
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 cups frozen artichoke hearts can use canned
- 1 pound chicken breasts cooked and sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- For toppings - shavings of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and fresh basil
- Cook spaghetti in salted water according to package directions. Drain well and return to pan.
- Add the Fire Roasted Tomato sauce to pasta along with chopped artichoke hearts and chicken. Toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve with parmesan cheese and basil.