I know we’re on the downswing of summer, but there’s still time to celebrate! This recipe for fizzy gin lemonade with blackberries and rosemary is super flavorful, easy to make, and perfect to enjoy during what’s left of the warm weather.
Since we have a at least one more holiday to observe this summer, and as many outdoor activities as possible to fit in before the cruddy weather hits, it’s still summer in my book. And what says summer like a glass of lemonade? Paired with ripe, late-summer blackberries, gin, a splash of fizzy soda, and a rosemary sprig, you’ll definitely want to raise this glass to toast.
Let’s talk blackberries for a minute. In addition to being super high in antioxidants, blackberries are also a delicious low sugar fruit. Like strawberries, they only have 7 grams of sugar per one cup serving. And there’s so much you can do with blackberries beyond cobbler! I love this blackberry honey body scrub, but there are also more delicious options for blackberry beverages.
For a booze-free version, try this infused water with cantaloupe, blackberries and rosemary. The cantaloupe puree tints the water a pretty, peachy pink, and the fresh berries, balled cantaloupe, and rosemary garnish in the pitcher make this simple recipe party worthy. Or try this mocktail blackberry black pepper cooler that combines the sweetness of fruit and the sourness of grapefruit perfectly. And this blackberry cider fizz mocktail with apple cider vinegar is alkalizing and it will even help give your metabolism a boost. Or my personal blackberry favorite – a margarita.
So before you start sweater shopping and trying on the new crop of cute boots for the fall season (I can’t wait!), take a few minutes to soak up every last bit of summer sun and the exhilaration that goes along with a day at the beach, outdoor concerts, and kicking back with friends on the patio. Before long, you might be shoveling snow!
Want more party drink ideas? (Of course you do! Why do I even ask?) Here are a few fun beverages to try before we get into fall cocktail season:
- Cucumber gin and tonic with fancy watermelon ice cubes to make it party-worthy
- Summer sangria with tropical fruit or red wine sangria is the perfect party concoction because you can make it ahead, and it tastes even better the next day.
- Fruity white wine slushies because it’s still in the triple digits outside and everything is better frozen.
Fizzy gin lemonade with blackberries and rosemary
- 3 ounces gin
- 6 ounces lemonade
- 1 cup blackberries
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- Splash lemon-lime soda or sparkling water
- Add the blackberries to a small bowl and use the back of a spoon to lightly mash them.
- Fill the glasses 2/3 of the way full with ice cubes. Divide the gin and lemonade evenly between the two glasses.
- Spoon the blackberries into each glass and top with a splash of lemon-lime soda or sparking water. Use one rosemary sprig as garnish for each.