Valentine’s Day is coming up and while you could opt for the standard box of chocolates, nothing really says “I love you” like a batch of frozen yogurt bark. Because frozen yogurt bark says, “I love you. Also, I care about your gut health.”
Gut health is important! It’s not just about digestion; supporting those good bacteria populations will benefit your entire body, so incorporating probiotic foods into your diet—and the diets of those you love—is always a good idea.
The beauty of this yogurt bark recipe from Elizabeth Stein, founder and CEO of Purely Elizabeth, is that you can change it up and customize it with your favorite fruits, nuts, and other toppings. It’s simple to make and it’s a healthy treat to keep on hand in the freezer for when cravings strike.
Yogurt, of course, is a great source of gut-friendly bacteria, but the addition of Purely Elizabeth Probiotic Granola adds even more probiotic goodness to this sweet treat.
Strawberry, Pistachio + Granola Yogurt Bark
- 2 cups Greek yogurt, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon matcha
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup Purely Elizabeth Probiotic Granola
- In a large bowl, mix together yogurt, maple syrup, and matcha. Pour yogurt into a foil-lined baking pan. Top with strawberries, pistachios, and granola. Freeze for 2 hours. Break into bark and enjoy!
Get more healthy recipes and ideas from Purely Magazine.2