Healthy snacks don’t have to be boring. These fruity frozen yogurt bites are as fun as they are healthy and delicious. (And they aren’t just for kids!) I am a fan of easy-to-make snacks that are also easy to eat. These little bites don’t take long to make – the hardest part is not opening the freezer a dozen times to see if they’re ready yet.
You only need three all-natural ingredients to make these yummy, frosty fro-yo bites. All you need to do is mix yogurt with a little honey and chopped fruit and place in small ice cube trays. I like smaller trays that are make bite-size cubes more than traditional trays.
Alternatively, you can dip small chunks of fruit into the yogurt and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and freeze them. It takes a little longer to do, so I like the ice cube tray route a little better.
A few more frozen yogurt tips:
- Use ripe, sweet fruit
- Cut fruit into small pieces because big frozen chunks of fruit are more difficult to eat
- Store the cubes in an airtight container. They should keep a month or more, if they aren’t eaten first!
- Double or triple the recipe and turn into popsicles or push pops.
- I found my ice cube trays at IKEA. (In case you were wondering.)
Honey Peach Frozen Yogurt Bites
Yield 12 -15 cubes
These frozen yogurt bites are made with just three natural ingredients and are the perfect snack.
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 large peach half, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Mix everything together in a bowl and spoon into several small ice cube trays. Freeze until sold. Pop out and transfer to an airtight container. Keeps well for about a month.