Grilling fruit is one of the most underrated pleasures of summer, and pineapple is the perfect fruit to grill. Not only is it packed with vitamin C, fiber and manganese (it’s also anti-inflammatory and helps digestion), pineapple’s natural sweetness means it gets beautifully caramelized when you cook it.
Grilled Pineapple with Coconut Whipped Cream + Toasted Pistachios
Yield 2 -3 servings
Whipped coconut milk and crunchy pistachios top slightly caramelized pineapple in this summery dessert.
- 1 pineapple, cut into 6 even rings/slices crosswise
- For the coconut mousse
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- For the seed topping
- 1 tbsp toasted pistachio
- 1 tbsp toasted almonds
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- Pinch sea salt
- Optional: organic raw honey and shredded coconut
- Top each of the grilled pineapple rings with whipped coconut milk, add one tsp nut and seed mix, drizzle with honey and serve.
- For coconut mousse
- Add refrigerated coconut milk to a cold bowl and beat with electric mixer until desired thickness. Mix longer if you like more of a whipped cream texture.
- For nut topping
- Place the seeds and nuts into a food processor, add salt and pulse two or three times to roughly crush and combine.
- For pineapple
- Heat pineapple slices/rings for 2-3 minutes on each side, over medium-high heat in a non-stick skillet or on a grill. Transfer to a plate and top with coconut mousse and nut mixture.
- Top grilled pineapple with coconut mousse and nut mixture. Drizzle with organic raw honey and/or shredded coconut if desired.