One of my favorite things is to pick the brains of other moms, asking them questions about what works for them and how they juggle everything. Blogland is filled with exceptional moms, and today I asked Shelli of a la mode to share her 5 Mom Must-Haves. She’s a Nashvillian with a bit of a thing for Home Goods (who doesn’t) and her daughter has a killer nursery. Check out her blog and her fabulous picks!
Hi Y’all! Thank you Stephanie for having me! I wanted to share with you some of my mommy must-haves when Kendall happened! I tend to focus on finding helpful baby products that are not mass marketed, things you might find in a specialty boutique or perhaps in another country! I have one sweet baby girl named Kendall. She is the light of my life! She is now 14 months old and toddling around like a champ! I recently started blogging as my connection back to the outside world after quitting my big corporate career to become a stay at home mommy. I blog about all things stylish- travel, home decor, fashion and BABY! What could I not live without as a mom? Here are my 5 Must Haves.
1. wubanub paci – a paci must have if you baby takes a paci. When baby is a newborn it helps the paci to sit on their little chest and keep paci in place so you are not constantly placing it back in baby’s mouth when they spit it out! Genius! Also, when baby is older and loses paci in the middle of the night…the little animal makes it easier for baby to find and little cute chubby hands to grab! Kendall’s favorite was the kitten and the little lamb!
2. The toysitter – These little toy straps are not only functional, but cute! We all know as mommies, that picking up dropped toys in the store is not only a hassle, but unsanitary! The cute little straps make it easy for baby to have their toys by their side, but makes it easier for mommy to focus at the grocery store, ha ha! The fabrics had me at hello =) I want to share Meijer promotional codes so you can get instant savings for mommy must haves.
3. The Mommy Hook – Once again, another product invented to help busy moms (aren’t we all) when out shopping and running errands with baby! I never go ANYwhere without my mommy hook! Sometimes I use it to hold a little insulated bag with snacks inside for a walk and sometimes it ends up overloaded with shopping bags at the mall (much to my husband’s chagrin, ha ha). It is heavy duty and a great price point!
4. vital baby unbelievabowl – WHAT would I do without this amazing bowl? It is a European brand, but you can buy it off of several sites online like Amazon. Using the unbelievabowl shows baby how to eat out of a bowl, without the option of throwing the bowl across the room! It makes it easier for Kendall to eat foods like pasta, green beans, and carrots (her fav!) herself, rather than the flat surface of the highchair tray. Their spoons and sippy cups are FAB too!
5. Hoppop bathtub – Such a great find! When your little one outgrows the ‘baby’ bathtub, this is a great alternative to putting them in the BIG tub, which can look really scary next to your still ‘little’ baby! We started using this tub when K was 5 months old and are still using it to this day (she is 14 months old). It is made for 6-24 months and holds up to 50 lbs! The tub has a built in drain on the bottom that you just unplug and it drains right into your large tub. No lifting, no fuss, no muss (and it is SUPER light). The tub is VERY well made and should hold up for years to come, unlike the inflatable bathtubs that can create a mold that is impossible to remove.
Such clever finds! Gotta get the paci holder – I’m SO tired of chasing that thing over floors and under beds. Thank you Shelli for the great picks! Check out her blog at www.alamodemaven.com!0