Handmade gifts are the best gifts if you ask us! Even if the object itself is actually easy to make, it looks like you put some effort into it – and definitely some thought!
We have 12 great homemade gift ideas for you below, all from our sister site Hello Nest, a blog dedicated to all things homemaking. There’s a DIY for pretty much anyone on your list. So before you reach for the generic gift card or the boring bottle of wine, scroll down to get your creative juices flowing:
12 Handmade Gift Ideas for the Home
1. DIY scented candles // Who doesn’t love candles? They make great gifts for virtually everyone, and the even better news is you can make them in bigger batches and gift away.
2. Essential oil sachets // Break out the leftover spices and beeswax and get to work making a bunch of these gorgeous wax sachets with dried citrus and essential oils.
3. DIY Apron // Got a dad who loves his grilling? A mother in law who bakes the best pies? Then this apron is the perfect gift for them! Not to mention easy to sew even if you’re not that good with the sewing machine. Like, 20 minutes easy.
4. Homemade Wax Fire Starters // A couple of wax fire starters packed nicely makes the perfect hostess gift or stocking stuffer! They’re plenty festive and they’re easy and affordable to make.
5. Beet Dyed Dish Cloths // One can never have too many dish cloths! These pretty dip-dyed ones are naturally colored with beets, and can be customized with an embroidered monogram.
6. Envelope Pillow // Not only is this a simple sewing project, it’s also customizable with different fabrics! For a festive look, you could go for glitter or sequins.
7. DIY Macrame Plant Hanger // Even if you don’t have any experience with macramé, these DIY Macrame Plant Hangers will only take a couple hours to whip up.
8. DIY smudge sticks // This project is super easy, yet so pretty! You can customize smudge sticks with seasonal herbs, such as eucalyptus, to give them a festive feel for the holidays.
9. DIY Wine Bottle Candles // If you’re one for upcycling, this gift idea is for you! Repurpose wine bottles and even wax from old candles to make these stylish candles in glass containers.
10. Borax Crystal Jewelry Box // One can never have too many jewelry boxes – you don’t even have to use them for jewelry if that’s not your thing! This stylish, minimalist treasure keeper is easier and cheaper to make than you would imagine, as the crystal is actually made with borax.
11. DIY Glitter Ornaments // We could all use a little glitter in our lives during the winter! Using clear glass ornaments, mod podge and glitter, you can make these pretty Christmas tree ornaments that both kids and grown-ups will appreciate. Use glitter in different colors to create a gift set like no other.
12. Zero Waste Gift Basket // We do love a gift basket, but not the generic, plastic-packed one you can get at the store. Our version is zero waste, including tea, dish towels, beeswax candles, and soap nuts, and it makes the best hostess gift imaginable.38