Healing Turmeric and Red Lentils Dhal
A hearty and comforting autumn dish with red lentils, using the healing powers of anti-inflammatory superstar turmeric.
- 2 cups red lentils
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 inch ginger piece, peeled and grated
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- Coconut milk, mixed seeds and fresh parsley leaves, to garnish
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Rinse the red lentils with cold water and let drain.
- In a medium saucepan heat the coconut oil, add the onion, garlic, ginger and turmeric, and cook for two minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the lentils and water, bring to boil and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add garam masala and coconut milk and mix to combine.
- Let simmer for another five minutes, until all the liquid is absorbed and you obtain a porridge consistency.
- Serve warm, garnished with fresh parsley leaves, mixed seeds and a few drops of coconut milk.
Recipe by Hello Glow at https://helloglow.co/healing-turmeric-and-red-lentil-dhal/