Healthy Spaghetti Squash Alfredo with Crispy Kale Leaves
This quick and easy spaghetti squash alfredo makes for the perfect weeknight family dinner
- 1 whole spaghetti squash
- 2 cups kale leaves torn into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup Horizon Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot starch
- Large pinch of salt
- Parsley and red pepper flakes, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Slice your spaghetti squash into 1-inch thick rings and remove the seeds. Lay the squash rings on a baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes or until the spaghetti squash easily separates into "noodles".
- While the squash is baking, spread your kale leaves in a single layer on a baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Toss to coat. Place kale in the oven along with your spaghetti squash and bake for 10 minutes, or until the kale is crispy but not burnt.
- Meanwhile, combine 1 tablespoon of olive oil with the two cloves of minced garlic in a small saucepan and sauté over medium heat for one minute, until fragrant.
- Add the cream and whisk until just barely simmering. Then add the chicken broth and parmesan cheese, whisking constantly.
- Add arrowroot starch and a pinch of salt and whisk until everything comes together and the alfredo sauce thickens slightly. Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Shred your spaghetti squash using a fork and divide it into bowls. Top with the alfredo sauce and kale. Garnish with red pepper flakes and parsley, if desired.
Recipe by Hello Glow at https://helloglow.co/healthy-spaghetti-squash-alfredo/