Yield 4 ounces
- 8 ounce glass jar with lid
- 1/3 cup chamomile flowers, dried
- 1/3 cup lemon balm, dried
- 1/3 cup valerian root
- approximately 1 to 1 1/2 cups vodka or rum
- 1 teaspoon CBD oil
- two 2-ounce glass dropper bottles
Rather than using specific amounts, I typically use ratios of herbs so I can make as little or as much as I like. The measurements above are just approximations. If using the ratio method, fill your jar halfway with a 1:1:1 ratio of chamomile, lemon balm and valerian. Cover the rest of the way with alcohol.
- Put dried chamomile flowers, lemon balm and valerian root in clean glass jar
- Fill the rest of the jar with vodka or rum (do not use rubbing alcohol or non-consumable alcohol!) and put the lid on.
- Store in a cool, dark cabinet for 4 - 6 weeks, shaking every couple of days.
- After 4-6 weeks, pour the tincture through cheesecloth or strainer. Transfer the tincture to a dropper bottle and add your CBD oil.
- Shake well and place a dropperful under the tongue whenever you're feeling stressed.
Recipe by Hello Glow at https://helloglow.co/herbal-cbd-tincture/