Energy bars are essential around this time of year. Busy morning leaves you no time for breakfast? Boom! Energy bar. Your kid decides she’s over sandwiches for lunch and you need to give her something with nutritional value so you don’t feel like a garbage parent? Protein bar to the rescue! That afternoon slump hitting you harder than usual? A granola bar is the perfect pick-me-up.
While store-bought bar options are pretty much endless, there’s something about homemade energy bars that you just can’t beat. You can be in complete control over the things you put inside so you get the energy and the pick-me-up, but not the sugar crash. Plus, it’s fun to customize them to your own tastes and use ingredients you have on hand.
Need some energy bar inspiration? Here are 25 recipes we adore:
25 Healthy Energy Bar Recipes
1. Homemade Hormone-Balancing Chocolate Energy Bars by Hello Glow. These bars are made with maca powder, oats and mixed nuts, these bars nourish your body from inside out, help it cope with stress and energize it.
2. Protein granola energy bars by Chew Out Loud. Chew on these bars whenever hunger strikes, without any of the guilt.
3. Three-ingredient energy bars by Sheri Silver. Nuts. Dried fruit. Dates. Done.
4. Homemade energy bars by Turmeric n’Spice. The most amazing ingredient in these bars? Green tea. Antioxidants at their best!
5. Chocolate dipped peanut butter protein bars by Sincerely Tori. The decadent taste of chocolate and peanut butter, without any of the unhealthy ingredients found it store-bought energy bars.
6. Not your average energy bars by Reaching for Greens. Puffed quinoa is the key ingredient to these deliciously energizing bars.
7. No bake energy bars by Hello Glow. We all love no-bake recipes. Your little ones will love eating these bars.
8. Peach coconut energy bars by PicNic. Tropical tasting and easy to make, snack on these bars to feel energized for hours.
9. Healthy energy bars by My Food Passion. All the ingredients and benefits of energy bars, baked into cookies to be even more desirable.
10. No bake almond oat bars by Neil’s Healthy Meals. Oats and almonds make a great pair in this easy energy bar recipe.
11. Everyday energy bars by Nikki’s Plate. Feel fuller for longer with these natural, nicely balanced ingredients packed with protein and healthy fats.
12. No bake peanut butter chocolate bars by Joyful Healthy Eats. Ready in no time and perfectly suitable for breakfast or a snack!
13. Raw sesame coconut bars by Edibly Educated. Protein, fiber, blood pressure reducing – now you know you want to try these!
14. Apricot cherry energy bars by Hello Glow. These are easy to make, they’re balanced in taste, and feature tons of protein from chia seeds and nuts.
15. 3 easy vegan energy balls by Hello Glow. You know what’s even easier to eat that energy bars? Bite-sized energy balls.
16. Slow Cooker Steel Cut Oats Energy Bars by Food Faith Fitness. Everything about this recipe is amazing: you can make bars in your slow cooker! Also, you can eat steel cut oats in bar form! Mind. Blown.
17. Chocolate cherry hazelnut bars by One Lovely Life. Filling and healthy, the snack you’re craving and that’s also good for you.
18. Seedy White Chocolate Granola Slices by Heartbeet Kitchen. Switch up your homemade granola bar routine with these five-ingredient granola slices. Bonus: they taste like a candy bar.
19. No bake energy bars by Gastro Senses. Lose the nuts, sugar, grains and baking! Make these instead.
20. Raw energy bars by Sea Salt With Food. The fantastic combination of chocolate and orange is turned into a healthy snack to eat anytime.
21. Energizing Pumpkin Seed Granola Bars by Hello Glow. With healthy fats, antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, pumpkin seeds are one of our favorite foods for glowing skin.
22. Homemade vegan protein energy bar by Food Porn Vegan Style. These bars have an extra dose of protein powder, to make sure you’re satisfied and energized for longer.
23. Chocolate quinoa snack bars by Loose Leaf Vegan. These vegan bars are plenty satisfying and delicious, not to mention easy to make.
24. Chocolate flax energy bar by Culinary Therapy. Tasty enough for chocoholics, healthy enough for breakfast. If that’s not a perfect combo, I don’t know what is.
25. Almond butter cranberry fudge bites by Yes, I Am Vegan. Healthy like a protein bar, decadently tasting like a piece of fudge.12